Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Domesticated, Much?

I must say, for not being one who likes to cook I sure am excited about my meals for this week!  Last Friday I planned out meals and went to the store and bought the few things I needed and can't wait to cook them all!  And let me reemphasize... I do NOT like to cook.  I much prefer when Collin makes the meals, but more often than not I need to come up with something because he works later than me on most days.  I think maybe my main problem with not liking to cook is not having a plan.  I go to start dinner and I don't know what to make and it takes me 15 minutes just to decide and then I open up a box of Hamburger Helper or I make grilled cheese and soup because I'm so frustrated with not knowing what to make.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE soup and grilled cheese for a meal, it's easy and delicious, but it's almost a cop out.  I think planning is good for me.  Knowing what I have in the house and what I am going to make with all that is important for me to get excited about making dinner.


Found here

So this week I've got some good meals (one already eaten) up my sleeve.  Last night I made a Pampered Chef recipe called a Taco Ring.  It was really delicious.  Definitely something we'll be making again.  And it was quite easy, too!  You can find the recipe here: http://www.grouprecipes.com/39414/taco-ring.html.  I actually used the Pampered Chef Main Dishes cookbook that we got for a wedding gift but that's the same recipe.  The hardest part was browning the ground beef, which goes to show you it's not hard to make at all.  I didn't take pictures quite simply because I forgot, but I'll take some pictures of the rest of my meals.





The meals I'll be preparing the rest of the week are:
Tonight: Southwestern Chicken Bake served with baked potatoes, and a broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend.
Thursday: Baked ziti
Friday: Homemade Spinach and Pepperoni Pizza.

I'm excited to see how they all turn out and I'll be sure to keep you all posted.  If they're good I'll share the recipes!

I'm always eager to find new recipes and dishes to try, what's a good, new (or tried and true favorite) recipe that you've had recently?

Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...