Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Gratitude Challenge - Day 8

1 Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.
Let the whole world know what he has done.
2 Sing to him; yes, sing his praises.
Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds.
3 Exult in his holy name;
rejoice, you who worship the Lord.
Psalm 105 (NLT)


I don't have a picture for today but that doesn't mean I'm not grateful. Tonight Collin and I had dinner with some friends of ours from church. The other couple, Rick and Lorenda, are a bit older than us but that didn't matter at all! We had a great time with them! We would chat in between services or at special functions at the church but we'd never done anything outside of church before. This past Sunday they approached us and asked us if we wanted to go out to dinner with them on Tuesday and we said "of course!" And the really awesome thing was, I was about to ask them if they wanted to go out to dinner with us! It was most definitely a God thing! We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse, a fairly new restaurant to our area, and we had a really great time talking and laughing and enjoying our food. Rick and Lorenda are great people and I'm glad we are beginning to do stuff outside of church with them! It's wonderful to have couple friends and it's hard for us because most of the people our age at our church are single. Or they have kids and we just don't relate to them in that aspect because we're married without kids. I'm so grateful for friends that are married without children! I'm so grateful for Rick and Lorenda today!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...