Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Little Humor - A Big Lesson

I'd seen these videos before but last week my cousin posted it on Facebook. I laughed out loud at my desk at work but then it got me thinking. But before I get into that, let's enjoy some laughs. =)



Funny, right? And there's a few more on YouTube not in this compilation. Go watch them and have some more laughs! It's amazing though how things can seem so much worse than they actually are. In all those situations there was nothing bad going on. Everyone was innocent but the way the scenarios played out, it made them look not so innocent.

So anyway, like I said, this got me thinking. I started to wonder how many times I draw conclusions about people without knowing all the facts. How many times do I judge someone unfairly? And to add insult to injury, I'm not even supposed to judge people at all!

“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.
“And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye."
Matthew 7:1-5

Jesus' words don't sugar coat things. He very plainly says do not judge. There's no wiggle room, no way to misinterpret it. Just don't do it. But golly day this is no easy feat. Judging comes naturally to us as humans. But when you judge you are not only hurting those you judge against, you're hurting yourself. You are pulling away from Christ and it's like telling Him "Don't worry Jesus, I got this. I know what they're doing wrong and I'll let them know, too." But what about what you've got going on in your own life? Would you like it if someone pointed out what you're doing wrong in your own life? Yeah, me neither...

We're so fortunate that when we do mess up and could use a little judgement that our Father is compassionate. God doesn't belittle us or make us feel horrible about ourselves. Any of those feelings come from our own minds. God loves us and though he wants us to live a godly life he won't yell at us for messing up. He shows us the error of our ways and then He just opens His arms and calls us into His presence.

So who's with me in letting God do the judging? I'd much rather leave it to Him because he's so much more compassionate than I will ever be. And I don't like being a hypocrite. Now onto the hard part of ignoring my tendencies to want to judge!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...