Friday, January 20, 2012

Ya'll Come Back Now, Y'Hear?

So going around on the interwebs has been this fun little dialect test/vlog thing and after Ashley at Hudson's Happenings posted it this week I just really wanted to do it. So... here's a little video of Collin and myself showing you our "accents". =)

The instructions are to say these words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

And answer these questions:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you use to change the TV channel?

So... what do you guys think? Do I have an accent? Do Collin and I sound anything like how you would have imagined? I just love Collin's deep voice! He sounds like a radio personality or something, doesn't he? =) We hope you enjoyed our first little "vlog". We had fun making it!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! It's cold here but we're not predicted to get any snow just some rain but other places are supposedly gonna get hit pretty hard. So if you're one of them, good luck - stay warm and safe! See you all Monday!

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! No you didn't say "warsh!" :) That made me laugh. And Collin's "spittin' image" made me laugh, too! :)

    YOU two are so very cute! :D I loved watching this...so glad you did it! You two have such cute interactions- And you sound just like I had guessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I don't get to read much of your blog postings, but I did catch this one. I just wanted to say that everyone has an accent no matter where you are from. There is no "regular way" to speak or say words. I had an interesting conversation with someone from Europe who helped me realize, I have an accent speaking to them just like they do to me. Just thought it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...