Monday, December 3, 2012

Oh How Wonderful

Do you ever have one of those weekends that was just what you needed? That's what this weekend was for me. Friday evening once Collin and I were both home from work we headed to Red Robin for an impromptu date night. We had both been craving some juicy burger goodness and what better a place than Red Robin to satisfy that craving? We had a delicious meal and then headed home. Collin played Metal Gear Solid 3 for a couple hours while I created our advent calendar. It took a bit longer than I expected but I love how it turned out. Now if only we could just get it hung...

I love date night!
Soo delicious!!!
Supplies collected and ready. Creation of Advent calendar begins... NOW! =D

Saturday morning after Collin headed into work I went over to my parents' house and my mom and I created a wreath for our front door. I LOVE how it turned out. It's exactly what I had been envisioning and wanted! I'm glad I got to spend that time with my mom, too! Then later in the day Collin and I practiced our song we were performing that evening at Figgy Pudding, a fundraiser some ladies at our church put on to benefit the church's Wednesday night community dinner. Figgy Pudding is an event where you buy seats at tables that people have decorated very festive and you listen to various musical numbers and eat delicious desserts made by people from the church. Collin and I performed the Mark Harris version of Silent Night which is so beautiful! I also got to play with the hand bell choir. I haven't played hand bells in several years but I played for quite a few before that. Anyway, the director comes up to me and asks me if I would sight read and play the hand bells because they were short two people. He was going to play one set of bells and needed me to fill in on the others. Haha! Fun, but a little nerve wracking!

Making a wreath for my front door with my mom!
The wreath hanging on our front door!

Sunday was a great day! Church was fantastic! It's absolutely amazing the way God makes everything go together so well! Our praise music fit the message PERFECTLY even though the music was picked without knowing what the message would be. It was SO a God thing! After church Collin cooked us some delicious fried rice! We both thoroughly enjoyed it. I love when Collin experiments in the kitchen. We usually get some pretty awesome results! The afternoon consisted of us running all over town running errands and buying groceries. We were in desperate need of food in our house. I mean, we had food, but the reason Collin made fried rice is because we had odd stuff that you can't really eat together. And we couldn't even have grilled cheese because we were out of bread! So now we are well stocked up on food! My mom invited us over for a chili dinner so we spent the evening over there and had a yummy dinner and cookies hot from the oven for dessert! When we got home, I holed myself up in the bedroom with Seabass while Collin and Stank watched The Walking Dead in the living room. I would watch the show if it weren't so gruesome. I ask Collin questions all the time about the characters and what went on because it's got such a great story, but I am too weak-stomached for some of the stuff.

Collin made some delicious fried rice for lunch!
He's so bad. But he's so cute. One cancels out the other.

I'd say it was most definitely just the weekend I needed!! I hope you had a great weekend, yourself! I hope it was just what you needed and it's given you the stamina to start this week off on the right foot!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...