Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Woes of a Weary Woman

I'm gonna get real with you guys today. I feel like my blog has been lots of fluff lately, and there's nothing wrong with that but I want this to be a space that my readers can come to and relate to and not just feel like "oh it's another blogger who has it all together". Because believe me, I don't have it all together. Not even close. Some of my favorite blogs are the ones where the writers share their real life struggles.

Anyway... this isn't anything too major but I feel like I just need to get it off my chest. So yesterday I was tired. We got home Sunday night from our day with Justin and Molly a little before midnight. My usual bedtime (even on the weekends sometimes) is around 10 or 10:15. So getting to bed at midnight was not a good thing for me. I knew I would be tired yesterday but it was worth it because we had a great time with our friends. So yes, I was tired all day yesterday.

Work came much too early and it was a slow Monday which did not help my sleepiness. Plus, I knew I had lots of stuff I wanted to be doing around the house and I was instead at work. So that made the day a little bit hard. Anyway, I made it through work and got home and realized I had developed a headache sometime during the afternoon. No biggie, I would just take some medicine and hopefully it would go away. No such luck. My headache actually stayed with me until I went to bed. But I didn't let it stop me from getting some stuff done. I finally put away the hang up clothes that had been laying across the laundry basket for over a week. And then I decided that since it's been so warm out lately, I'm obviously not going to be wearing any more sweaters until next fall so I wanted to switch my winter clothes out for my spring/summer clothes in my closet. That was succesful and I also managed to decide to get rid of lots of clothes that I didn't wear this past season! Go me! So I had a pretty good start to my evening. I was productive, I went to Wal-Mart and did a return and exchange and picked up an ingredient for dinner that I had forgotten. Good time overall.

What my dinner should have looked like via Pinterest

But then... I returned home and things went south. Collin was scheduled to get off at 7:30 from work so I started dinner around 7:10 or so. It was perfect because it wouldn't take long at all to make this recipe that I found on Pinterest. I was so excited about it. I followed the recipe to the tee and all was going well! I couldn't find fresh sundried tomatoes so I bought a jar of them and I had the hardest time opening the jar. It was so hard and I was hurting my poor hands trying. I finally found one of those rubber jar openers and got it open but by that point I was a little frustrated. But I calmed down and continued making my dinner. Then it happened... I go to combine the pasta with the sauce and it seemed like all a sudden all the liquid from the sauce went to the bottom of the bowl and the cheese stayed completely clumped together. It had resolidified. How am I supposed to serve a cream sauce if it's just one big blob of cheese?? I tried to fix it but it wasn't working and at this moment Collin calls to tell me there was a complication at work and he probably wouldn't be leaving until 8 at the earliest. And I just start crying. My dinner is ruined (or so I thought) my husband is going to be very late, and my head hurts really bad at this point because I'm really hungry. Collin finally gets home and I was still pretty upset about my dinner not working right but we add some milk to the "sauce" to try to get it to be liquified again. It doesn't really work. So we decided to just eat it the way it was. There was some liquid stuff in there and we could just cut the cheese up and still eat it all together. So we're walking downstairs with our plates and I had my laptop in my other hand since I brought it upstairs for the recipe and as I'm trying to close the door that leads to the basement my fork falls off my plate and I couldn't catch it or else I'd drop my laptop. And I just started bawling. It seems so trivial but it was the last straw. I was very hungry, exhausted, upset over dinner not working properly, upset about the fact that it was now 8:45 and we were just eating dinner, and then my fork falls off my plate. I felt so silly but boy did it feel good to cry and get it all out.

But you know what, that wasn't the end of the evening. Once I finally calmed down, we ate our dinner while watching some 30 Rock on Netflix (which always makes me feel better!). And the dinner actually wasn't bad. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting but it had a really good flavor! And of course spending time with Collin was really nice and he always makes me feel better. So I went to bed finally around 11 and I felt better. Still tired, still headache-y but full and loved. But boy, yesterday was just not my day.

Do you ever have days like this? Days where no matter what you do or how hard you try things just aren't going how they're suppose to? It seems like everything is conspiring against you. At least there's always tomorrow to bring a new and better day!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...