Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Skillet

Chicken Enchilada Skillet

Last night I made this for dinner and it was oh so delicious! Collin got out of the shower and immediately commented on how good it smelled in the apartment. And then after his first bite he proclaimed, "Wow! This is REALLY good!" I think I picked a good recipe. =)

Chicken Enchilada Skillet

Ingredients

No-Stick Cooking Spray
Tortilla Chip Strips
3 cups cooked chicken strips, pieces, or shredded (3 cups = about 12 oz)
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
1 can (10 oz each) red enchilada sauce
1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack blend cheese, divided

Directions

1. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add tortilla pieces and chicken; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently.
2. Pour undrained tomatoes and enchilada and tomato sauces over chicken mixture in skillet. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture. Cover skillet; cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
4. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.

I always enjoy cooking with Ro*Tel. I think it makes things a little bit better. It has just the right amount of spice to it! This meal was super easy to make so it is a definite winner in my book, too! If you make this, let me know what you think.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...