Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Making Cards

I've been stamping/card making for about a year now and I LOVE it. My collection of supplies to make cards is slowly but surely growing and I love being able to find new things to make and new products to use. Pinterest has been a great help in giving me design inspirations for my cards! I have a board called Cards to Make and I love being able to explore and find neat cards.

Another thing I love about card making is it's really fun and easy to do with friends. My friend Jeannie and I get together and make cards every once in a while! In fact, this past weekend she and I got together with some other ladies and had a card making day. It's so much fun to do because then you not only get to use your supplies but we all share our supplies with each other so my options get even larger!

I love being able to have an occasion that I need a card for and being able to sit down and take some time and make exactly what I need. Plus, in the long run it's a lot cheaper than running to Hallmark and buying a card every time I need one (which I used to do and I was spending WAY too much money per year!). The upfront cost may be a lot for making your own cards but once you've got supplies it's way less expensive!

Anyway.. I wanna show you guys some of the stuff I made this past weekend! I have some other cards I've made that I wanna share but for now I'll show off what I made this weekend. I don't want to inundate you all at once. =)

Untitled
This is a birthday card for a friend.
This is a really cool new technique that we tried out at our workshop this past month!
Untitled
Another birthday card for a friend in its first state.
Untitled
The other state of the card. I found this technique via Pinterest.
Untitled
These were a set of note cards that I made as a gift for a friend. I had so much fun making these! They're all similar but still slightly different. They are approximately 3 1/2 x 3 1/4 or something like that. I don't remember exactly what size I cut them as. However, next time I do this I'll make them 3 x 3 so I can buy actual square envelopes that they will fit in. I didn't have the time to make envelopes and the tiny note card size ones they sell in Michael's were only 3 x 3.

If you want the instructions for how to make the first two cards, send me an e-mail or leave a comment and I'll be sure to get you the instructions! They turned out really neat and I will definitely be making these styles again! And I love the little note cards. They might be a go-to gift of mine!!

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. I think there must be a crafting gene -- I have it and you have it too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...