Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

The past two Valentine's Days I posted about love, Valentine's Day and what this day means to me. You can read that post here because it still all is very true. However, today I want to do something a little different. Today I am going to participate in a Valentine's Day Link Up where Collin and I each answer some questions to see how well we know each other. Or rather, how well Collin knows me. ;) Melissa at Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife is hosting this fun little link up!

How long have you been married?
Him: Working on three years.
Her: It will be 3 years on April 24!

Where was your first date?
Him: Chick-fil-a
Her: Chick-Fil-A and a walk around Target.

Where was your first kiss?
Him: I believe it was on her parent's living room couch, but I may be crossing wires between stories.
Her: I think it was on the couch at my parent's house.

Who first said, "I love you"?
Him: She did when I put on the score from Braveheart.
Her: I did. I just couldn't hold it in any longer. We'd only been back together for like 3 weeks but I just knew. I knew he was my future husband! He didn't reply then (I told him he didn't have to), but by the end of the week he realized he felt the same way!

What were your wedding colors?
Him: Blue and yellow.
Her: Blue and Yellow.

What is her most commonly used phrase?
Him: "Interesting"
Her: "I don't know." (What do you want to eat? - I don't know; What do you want to watch - I don't know. lol)

Who is her celebrity crush?
Him: Cuba Gooding Jr. *In his defense, I really do like Cuba!*
Her: I don't really have one, but if I had to pick, John Krasinski.

If she was ordering drinks for both of you what would you each get?
Him: Water for her and sweet tea for me. Both with no lemon.
Her: Water for me and Sweet Tea for him, both without lemon.

What is the best meal she has ever cooked you?
Him: Hmm... I have a bit of talent show syndrome here (where the more recently experienced things seem better) so I'm going to say the tamale dish she made a few weeks ago.
Her: Oh man. He seems to like almost everything I cook. I'll say, Chicken Club Brunch.

What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you?
Him: Something with long noodles that weren't cooked all the way and bad sauce. I forget what it was called. *Totally what I was talking about!*
Her: I have no idea. I block the bad things out. Oh! Probably this spinach and artichoke fettuccine one time. It was so gross we couldn't even take more than like two bites each.

What is the most-played song on her iPod?
Him: I wanna say... Embracing The Sunshine by BT
Her: I listen to my music on shuffle pretty much all the time. So everything gets a mostly equal play time. But I suppose "The Birds and the Bees" by Patrick and Eugene is up there.

What would she say is your most annoying habit?
Him: That I'm always trying to help or not helping. Whichever is the one she doesn't want at the time is what I'm doing usually.
Her: Not putting his pants in the drawer when he takes them off if he doesn't want them washed yet.

What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed?
Him: Before GOING to bed, she brushes her teeth and takes out her contacts. Before sleep, she puts Vaseline on her lips and lotion on her hands.
Her: My goopey stuff as I call it. Putting Vaseline on my lips and lotion on my hands.

If you could throw out one item of her clothing what would it be?
Him: Just one?... The yellow tights but I believe those got a hole in them so I don't have to worry about those anymore.
Her: He likes pretty much anything I wear. But he would definitely throw out my "jaundice-colored tights" as he calls them. (I thought they would be more mustard-colored when I bought them...)

What would you say is your favorite thing about her?
Him: Her love for music. *Totally not the direction I took this question...*
Her: My butt...

What's her go-to drink at Starbucks?
Him: If she ever even went to Starbucks, it'd probably be the pumpkin spice latte.
Her: I don't go to Starbucks (or really drink coffee) but when I do I usually get a chocolate chip creme based frappacino.

What's her blog's name?!
Him: This and That
Her: This and That

Wow! He did really well!! I knew he would though, sometimes I think he knows me better than I know myself! I just think marriage is so much fun. The fact that we can answer these questions so similarly and even agree on most stuff is just great! I love my sweet hubby and I can't wait to celebrate many more Valentine's Days together!

I hope that you guys enjoy your love day! Go love on those people in your life you just can't get enough of! Whether it be your spouse, children, parents, siblings, or even friends, go share some love!

Most importantly though, don't forget to show some love to the One who makes love possible! Tell God you love Him. You can't ever say it enough to Him!!

Love to you!

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your husband knew your wedding colors... mine did not. ha ha. Congrats on almost 3 years! Hope y'all have a good Vday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...