*I will say though, if you are on a diet, or allergic to peanuts, don't read any further in to this post. =)*
1 package of fudge brownie mix
26 ounces of miniature peanut butter cups
4 cups cold milk
2 packages (5.1 ounces each) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tubs (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Prepare brownies according to directions on package. Make sure when you are baking that they are not too done. You want them to be pretty moist, not chewy.
2. Cool brownies on a wire rack and then cut in 3/4 inch pieces.
3. Cut peanut butter cups in half.
4. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixture for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
5. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well.
*Tip for adding the peanut butter, melt it in the microwave for about a minute or two.
It will be thin enough to easily mix in with the pudding.*
6. Fold in 1 1/2 cartons of the whipped topping.
7. Place 1/3 of the brownies in a trifle bowl, top with a 1/3 of the peanut butter cups, then spoon a third of the pudding mixture on top.
8. Repeat layers twice (or until bowl is full).
9. Cover with remaining whipped topping.
10. Refrigerate until chilled.
This is such a rich dessert that I suggest you don't take huge servings of it. But it is so, so good that you'll want to overindulge! I'm sorry if I just ruined any New Year's Resolutions. ;)