Monday, July 25, 2011

In Need of Some Zzzzs...

You guys, I am so sleepy today. It was an eventful and very busy weekend. We ended up not going to the River Concert on Friday due to the extrememe heat wave we were having. They postponed the concert to 7:30 (versus 7:00) but it was still 95F with a heat index of 110F at 7:30. I don't do well in extreme heat (or cold for that matter) and Collin had been outside at work all day so we just thought it best to stay home in the air conditioning. We ended up staying up til midnight watching Benny and Joon. I'd never seen it before and I was glad we watched it. Anyway, we had the wedding on Saturday and Collin was an awesome DJ! I'll post pictures and blog about it tomorrow. We finally got home and to bed from that about midnight again (the wedding was almost 2 hours from home!). Then yesterday we had to get up early for church, then we said "see ya later" to our friends Chris and Bev who started their journey to Arizona. Chris got a teaching job in Phoenix and so they began their move yesterday afternoon. And then we had an ASP meeting and then saw The Musicman. We crashed in bed right at 10:00 last night because we were just exhausted. And then, much to my chagrin, about 12:30 I was woken up by a thunderstorm. It didn't scare me but it sure prevented me from sleeping because boy was that storm loud! And we have a basement bedroom that muffles sounds. There was SO much lightning it would make our room bright (and we have an egress window). I definitely did not get much sleep last night thanks to it being not only a loud storm but a LONG one... I was almost tempted to get out of bed and go watch the storm from the back porch...

Anyway, a better post will come tomorrow. Today I just need to rest.

Cindy

Image found on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...