Friday, February 10, 2012

DIY: Heart Garland

You guys probably don't remember this post where I talked about making a garland of hearts made out of paint samples. I attempted to get the supplies to make it the day I posted it but couldn't find everything I needed, so later that week I created it but I NEVER posted about it. Earlier this week my dear friend Kaitlin sent me a text message with a picture of her own heart garland she had made and told me I was her inspiration and that I need to post about my finished project. And I figure why not post about it now since it's the perfect Valentine's decoration!

To make them: You can use whatever color paint samples you want. For this one I used a wide variety of colors since it was going in our bedroom and I wanted some pizazz. But I am currently in the process of making another with various shades of purple/pink for a Valentine's themed one. Also, any heart punch will work. You can make it thin and long or fat and kinda short like I did. You just need the hearts to be large enough to thread string through. Basically once you punch out all the hearts, you thread your string into a needle and begin "sewing" the thread through each of your hearts. It's really quite simple and makes for a pretty wall decor item!

100_4707 100_4715 Ignore the extra holes in the wall. Collin's parents had some stuff up there and they didn't patch up the walls when we moved in. =/
So yeah... there you have a very simple and fun DIY Valentine's decoration project! Or any kind of DIY decoration, since I made it just for an everyday decoration. =) What do you guys think? Fun?

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...