Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthday Girl!


My birthday is on Sunday! I'll be the big 25 this year and I'm excited! Hurray for car insurance rates dropping. ; ) But seriously, I am excited for 25. I just feel that lots of good things are going to be happening this next year! I wanted to do a little post today in tribute to my big day since tomorrow is Friday Favorites and I don't post on the weekends. Since I'm fairly new to blogging I wanted to do a 25 Things About Me post in honor of my 25th birthday! Hopefully it will give you all a little bit more information about me and who I am!

1. I can't stand the smell of oranges. It actually repulses me. Yet I love orange Dreamsicle icecream bars. And the orange cream-filled chocolates.

2. It is a goal of mine to sing the National Anthem at a nationally televised event. Preferably the SuperBowl.

3. I don't always think the way other people do. I'm a smart person but my thought processes are a bit different. So if I don't get something that people deem "obvious" it's not because I'm stupid or I don't get it, I just don't think that way and I need some direction on how to mentally get there.

4. I have this strange fixation with the Amish. They fascinate me. I think that their lifestyle and morals and how steadfast they are in what they believe is something that everyone could learn from. Plus, they're so cute!

5. I had never been to Disney World until the day after Thanksgiving in 2009. I was 23 and went to Disney for the first time! I really enjoyed it but I felt so rushed because it was just one day we were at the park. I'm excited though because we're going back in May this year for Collin's birthday!

6. Bad grammar makes me cringe. There is a difference between they're, there, and their. There is a difference between your and you're. Use them properly. It's really not that hard.

7. I hate having water in my face. I do not like to go underwater when swimming, I hate to be splashed in a pool, and I dislike washing my face (but I do it anyway). However, I have no problems touching my eyes or putting in contacts.

8. When I was younger the sound of a public restroom toilet flushing really scared me. I would use the bathroom, get completely ready to leave the stall, open the door, flush the toilet, then turn around and run out of the stall. Sometimes I would even have my mom flush it for me. I'm not afraid anymore, but I still kinda cringe when I hear it.

9. Even though I am a very social person and I love to be around people, I don't really like being in big groups. I much prefer smaller, more intimate groups of people (4 or less). You put too many people around me and I get overwhelmed by everything that's going on. If there are multiple conversations going on at once I hate it and get flustered because I want to be in every conversation. Also, when it comes to doing a study or a classroom type setting, I much, much prefer a small group of peers.

10. Seeing or hearing someone's nails scraping at or scratching something drives me crazy. It's like nails on a chalkboard with any sort of surface where there's a noise or a texture that isn't "normal". It makes me cringe and causes me pain. I look at or hear someone's nails scraping and I shudder.

11. I don't believe there's a thing as too much music. To me, music is so therapeutic. When I'm having a bad day, I listen to or perform music and I'm instantly transformed to something better. Whenever I can I have music playing.

12. I love to shop and buy new clothes. I may not be a fashionista but I do enjoy clothes. Just this past year I really got into wearing dresses and skirts (and leggings and tights) and I LOVE it. I wish it wasn't SO cold this winter so that I could wear them more often. I can't wait for summer so I can wear my sundresses and sandals again.

13. I have always been an animal lover. Growing up we always had pets; cats, dogs, gerbils, fish and never just one pet at a time. Thinking back about my childhood some of my most favorite books and movies and toys involved animals. In fact the first movie I ever cried at was Milo and Otis. I'm still a HUGE animal lover and can't wait until I can have cats, dogs, fish, gerbils, etc.

14. I like the idea of being a housewife as my occupation and I can't wait until one day I can. However, the one housework item I can't stand is doing dishes. Good thing my husband doesn't mind it!

15. I grew up in the church that I currently attend (my family started attending there when I was 4) and even though I know my dream of being a worship leader will take me away from it, it will be really hard for me to leave.

16. Sunday is my favorite day of the week, largely in part to my church. I love all the friends I have there and the relationships with everyone. Plus, I get to worship my God and make joyful music. And after church I get to spend the whole day with Collin!

17. Planning our wedding was absolutely so much fun! I was literally sad when it was over because I had nothing to plan and work towards. And the best part about the whole thing, I was not stressed! Sure, I had little moments here or there of stress but overall I was just REALLY excited and the day itself was wonderful!

18. I really, really like nature. I love to photograph nature and have been known to go on walks just to take pictures, or to see something and run to grab my camera to photograph it. The thing with nature though is it reminds me of how wonderful and awesome God is!

19. I love traveling and I really wish that we had more money so I could go to all the places I want. However, for me to be content with traveling we could just go somewhere within 2 or 3 hours from home for a night or weekend.

20. Collin loves to play video games. Because of this I play video games with him sometimes. Mostly I watch him play, but when I play I get REALLY frustrated if it's not responding the way I want it to. By the time I'm done my thumbs hurt really bad from gripping the controller so tight.

21. In high school I knew I would major in music in college, however, there was a period of time while taking Physics 1 and AP Physics that I considered being a meterologist. I have always been fascinated with the weater and watched the Weather channel every morning getting ready for school. I wanted to be a singing meterologist.

22. I've had three cars since I got my license. The first two were both in accidents that did a bit of cosmetic damage but were still driveable. The first car was a black ice accident and the second was a rush-hour rear ending. I really hope my current car has better luck than my last two, it's such a pretty car.

23. I love getting flowers and I love having flowers in my house. However, give me tulips instead of roses. Or give me sunflowers. Or poppies. Or peonies. Roses are not my favorite.

24. I don't like to wear makeup. I put on eyeliner and mascara everyday but nothing else. Unless it's a formal occassion, then I will put on soft powder, blush, and eye shadow. I mainly just hate the way makeup feels.

25. There is nothing I like more than cuddling up on the couch with Collin and just relaxing. I feel so secure and safe with him and I love that.

So there you have it, 25 interesting facts about me! I hope you enjoyed reading and getting to know a little bit more about me! Here's hoping being 25 is a GREAT year full of many blessings!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...