Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Update

This past weekend was a lot of fun! We spent a good bit of it with family, too! Friday evening we spent with Collin's family and yesterday we spent with my family! Collin's aunt and uncle had been in town visiting so we went out to dinner with them Friday and then they came back to our place to see it and play Quelf! We had a blast! We got to eat at the new Cracker Barrel that just opened on Labor Day. We had a long wait (about an hour) but it was delicious! I'm so super excited we now have a Cracker Barrel. It's one of our favorite places to eat!

Saturday I got to do a bit of shopping with my mom and our friend Kathy. Mom needed to go to the mall to pick up my dad's birthday present and Kathy and I tagged along. We had a delightful afternoon together! And then once we got home I got to do even more shopping in my mom's closet! I got 6 new shirts that my mom was getting rid of! =D I love free clothes! That evening after running some errands Collin and I just relaxed and watched Night at the Roxbury (so stupid! lol) and then some Scrubs on Netflix.

Sunday we had a great church service where we introduced a new song called Great I Am by Jared Anderson. Such a powerful and incredible song! I am so glad we learned it and have introduced it to our congregation. Our pastor said it gave him "tingles". =) After church we went out to lunch with Jeff and Jeannie and it was SOOO delicious! We went to a local gourmet sandwich bistro and I will definitely be going back! So, so good! I had chicken tortilla soup and a roasted vegetable sandwich with goat cheese on foccacia bread. I didn't take a picture but I absolutely should have because it was beautiful! After lunch we spent a little time at a friend's 21st birthday celebration and then we headed to my parent's house where we commenced the scavenger hunt all about my dad for his birthday! We had a blast!! And it was so fun comparing pictures with the guys. We did girls vs guys and it was really great! Then after, we had a delicious dinner my mom made and a yummy hot fudge pie that I made via a Pinterest recipe. I'm for sure making it again and I'll take pictures and post a tutorial next time. =)

Chinese buffet for lunch. So yummy!
To kick off my dad's birthday weekend he and I had lunch together at his favorite Chinese Buffet on Friday!
Dinner at Cracker Barrel with the inlaws. Great Friday evening!
They had lima beans today!!
Cracker Barrel food is always so delicious. This time I got the Country Vegetable Platter with dumplings, lima beans, mac and cheese and fried apples. So, so good!
Sleeping baby makes me smile.
Seabass is really taking to his new home. It's very rare though that we can catch him sleeping peacefully. I know he does at some point but it's rare he does it when we're around so I had to document this moment!
Untitled
Picture taken to represent what my dad wants to do when we retires. Be a full time RVer with my mom. =)
Scavenger hunts are so fun!!
This picture was taken to represent both my dad's favorite store and his favorite tool. Haha! Auto Zone and a Screwdriver! I love that my sister can be as goofy as me!

I hope you guys had a great weekend! I most certainly did. What was your favorite moment this weekend? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

Happy Monday!

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like quite the weekend! I love that you had a scavenger hunt for your dad's birthday. I'm always wanting to do fun, crazy stuff like that but it always takes some talking in to for my family! Just fond your blog and have really enjoyed getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...