Monday, December 20, 2010

Countdown to Christmas - 5 Days

*This week I'm going to do a countdown to Christmas of sorts. I'll share just a few things relating to Christmas each day this week to get us all into the holiday spirit!*

Friday night Collin and I went to Bubby Knott's farm (a Christmas tradition of sorts) with Jim and got to look around the shops and at all the animals. He even has llamas and alpacas! Plus of course we got to see the amazing light show. If you don't know, Bubby Knott's farm has a light display every year and for the past few it's been set to music like you may have seen online.

That's an actual video from 2008 of the farm. The quality isn't great but it can give you an idea. It's fun though because you drive through and tune your radio to a lower frequency FM station and you can watch the two main houses dance in time to the songs playing on your radio.

At church on Sunday our youth group presented a really good drama about sharing the story of Christ's birth. It reminded me that the story is something BIG. Something to share and not just keep to myself and talk with amongst other Christians. It's something that needs to be spread far and wide with everyone who will listen. If you really think about it, it's an amazing story! I'm going to share another video that a friend posted on facebook because I thought it was a powerful way of sharing the Christmas story in a way that relates to our day and age.

Isn't that just incredible? And it really puts into perspective the struggles and emotions Mary and Joseph were going through. Could you imagine being either of them? Mary excited to be the mother of the Son of God but yet scared of what may face her in the future and then poor Joseph having to make the decision to stay with Mary or leave her because she is having a child who isn't his. But of course the angel speaks to him and tells him it will all be okay and that it's God's Son. Incredible!

Are you getting excited and ready for Christmas? I know I sure am! It's so close and I can't wait for all the festivities!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...