Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Favorites - week 2

Today the things I'm sharing with you are just a few entertainment type things that I love. 

First off we have MysteryGuitarMan who has become quite popular on youtube.  I love how creative he is with his videos.  And they all have to do with music in some way or another.  I love that, quite simply because I love music!  Every once in a while he'll post a video that I'm not super thrilled over, but the majority I really enjoy and they're all so creative!  Check him out and let me know what you think.

Second is one of my favorite tv shows.  Burn Notice.  The season 4 finale was last night and it was AMAZING.  I've been watching this show since it first started back in 2007 and I can't get enough.  I have all the seasons on dvd so far (I'll get 4 when it comes out) and I even got Collin into it.  It's a show about an unjustly burned spy and his struggle trying to get back into the counter-intelligence world.  There's a great core cast of characters that I adore (each week I say at least once "I love Fiona!!"  or "ahhh Sam is so awesome!", etc.) and each week they take a "job" to help someone out with a problem.  But they use all their spy skills, lots of explosives, and they actually explain how/why they do things.  It's fantastic and last night's finale was no exception.  It was packed with action, explosives, romance, suspense, drama, etc.  Ahhh I wish the season wasn't over so I didn't have to wait until summer to watch again.  =/  But anyway, I highly recommend you watch Burn Notice if you don't already.

Third is one my favorite bands, David Crowder Band.  The band has been around for a while and I've actually always really liked their music but it was just in the past 3 years or so that I REALLY got to liking them.  I really started to like them as a band and follow them personally and not just their music.  However, I also started to appreciate their music for how intricate it really is.  They use sooo many processed sounds and computer loops and tracks and what not that their music is so incredible!  I've seen them in concert a few times but most recently was a year ago when they were on their Church Music tour for their newest album.  This concert was incredible!  They were actually able to recreate the album almost perfectly because they had so many computers and synthesizers and equipment on stage.  The best part was that on the album the drummer Bwack recorded a lot of songs twice playing different things each time.  The drum parts are so full but they can't be played by one drummer at once.  So in order to have the whole drum part live Bwack actually created a robot drummer named Steve who was programmed and played with them on tour.  INCREDIBLE.  So yeah... in addition to them being amazing live, their recorded music is just amazing.  If you've never listened to them or only to just a few of their songs, pick up "Church Music" or "A Collision".  Those are my two favorites and I think they'd be good for someone just beginning to listen to them.  Some of their stuff is different, but it's very cutting edge and intricate.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

So there ya have it.  Some things I'm loving right now.  What are your "Friday Favorites"?  I'd love to know!  I'm always looking to expand my horizons on anything.

Cindy

*Images found on google*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...