Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Gratitude Challenge - Day 1

November seems to be the month where everyone begins thinking all about what they're thankful for. It's only fitting with Thanksgiving at the end of the month. I love having a holiday dedicated to gratitude for all our blessings. Especially when my life is so full of them and I'm so thankful every day of the year! So, for the month of November I am embarking on a journey I've called The Gratitude Challenge and I will be posting every day with something (or somethings) that I am thankful for. This, I believe, will cause me to not just be thankful for but also mindful of the blessings in my life. I may thank God continually but I want to have more of an awareness of my blessings. It is my hope that at the end of the month I will be filled with an overwhelming sense of gratitude to my Creator for all He has provided me. And that I'll be filled with inexplicable joy for all that He has blessed me with! I'm really excited about this and I hope that you will be blessed by this, too. Feel free to do the same on your blog (or facebook/twitter)! If you do, leave me a comment with where to find your posts so I can follow along.

1 Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.
Let the whole world know what he has done.
2 Sing to him; yes, sing his praises.
Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds.
3 Exult in his holy name;
rejoice, you who worship the Lord.
Psalm 105 (NLT)

Today I am grateful for do-overs. I am grateful for the fact that even though I may mess up continually I am always allowed to get up, dust myself off, and try again. God is so very patient with me and I love that. I love that I can never screw up too many times for Him. I love that I am loved unconditionally. And you know, I'm also grateful for the mistakes I make. Because without the mistakes I wouldn't grow and I would never experience the pain of messing up. And that would make it really hard to relate to people because everyone makes mistakes and messes up. It's just part of our nature. Plus, sometimes mistakes create fun moments and laughter. Sometimes mistakes are just what you need to make you realize to slow down and enjoy life. So I'm grateful for the opportunity to make mistakes and begin again.





I love that today's Photography Challenge is "Blooper". It fits right along with today's post. Bloopers happen and they can make for a lot of fun moments and a lot of laughter. Just like mistakes can lead to fun moments and laughter. =) I was taking pictures of Ryan and Devin on ASP because every day they dressed in matching attire and this day they were going as farmers. They grabbed all the props and started posing for me but Devin could not stop laughing. And I must admit, they looked pretty silly and it was pretty awesome!

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. sounds awesome!! love how happy he looks. Thanks for linking up again!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...