Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sausage Casserole

A few weeks ago I told Collin that I had a breakfast casserole that I wanted to make for dinner. Collin is a fan of breakfast so he readily agreed that this would be an acceptable dinner. I was a little hesitant because I'm not a big fan of sausage, but this sounded good. And it was! It was really good! Ours probably had a little more than a pound of meat in it which made it very hearty, but it would be just as good, if not better with only a pound.
Untitled
Untitled

Sausage Casserole

Ingredients

1 pound of sausage
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain.
3. Line bottom of greased 13" x 9" baking dish with crescent roll dough, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
4. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
5. Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until set.
7. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve hot.
8. Refrigerate leftovers.

If you make this casserole I'd love to know what you think! I think it could be the perfect Christmas morning brunch. If it wasn't a tradition to have crescent rolls for Christmas breakfast I'd make it myself! =)

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...