Monday, November 19, 2012

What a Weekend!

This past weekend was so delightful! It was short, but it was great! It all started Friday evening with making no-bake cookies and baking a homemade pizza! Then we headed to church for a game night with our 20/30 Somethings Group. We played Turbo Cranium and had a blast! My team ended up winning even though we started out far behind the other one! I love when the "underdog" takes the win, especially when it's my team! ;)

Saturday morning I ran some errands while Collin was at work and it was quite a beautiful morning! I was almost in a car accident though which really shook me up. I was driving down the road to the recycling center when someone turning left out of a neighborhood cut me off to fit into the very small opening going the opposite direction of me. I had to slam on my brakes and got VERY close to his truck... I guess he was in such a hurry that he didn't want to want for an opening going in my direction?? Anyway, once Collin got off work we headed up to Pentagon City and did some shopping at The Fashion Centre! I love going to that mall. It's huge and so nice! Collin and I had a lot of fun playing with the Shopkick app on our iPhones. We got lots of kicks for walking into stores and then for scanning certain items in American Eagle. I'm glad Collin doesn't mind doing silly stuff like that with me! And I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him and getting Panda Express for dinner!

There's still some color!
Saw these pretty colors while running errands!

Sunday we had a great service at church. Then afterward we had lunch at home while catching up on some TV. Our afternoon consisted of putzing around some of the local stores. We bought some Christmas lights for our porch at Lowe's and at Target we went mainly to scan things for Shopkick but ended up buying malt powder, candy, and some new mascara and eyeliner for me. I have been using Maybelline mascara and eyeliner for as long as I can remember (and it's the only makeup I regularly wear) but some of the products we had to scan were Almay mascara, eyeliner, and liquid eye shadow. It intrigued me that they were made specifically for different eye colors and I was in need of new mascara and eyeliner anyway so I bought them. And I must say, I really like it! I am in no way an expert on makeup but I think this mascara really makes my eyelashes look longer and fuller (they're really blonde so I need mascara for them to look their full length) and the eyeliner I think does bring out my eyes! I'm impressed Almay!! Anyway, we also went to Old Navy, Ross, Best Buy and Game Stop where the only thing we bought was some guitar strings at Best Buy for Collin. But we did get lots of kicks in Shopkick! I'm loving this app! =) Once we got home we collected pine cones for a wreath I want to make for our front door and then we had lasagna for dinner while watching Brave on Bluray! Such a great movie! We'd never seen it before but knew we would love it (Disney/Pixar is always a hit with us) so we preordered it through Disney Movie Club. So glad we did!

Awwww!
This melts my heart!

I hope you all had a great weekend, too! This week is short! Only a 3 day work-week for me! And I'm so excited for Thanksgiving! We're spending the day with Collin's family and our friend Megan is coming, too! Her family is all in NC and she was just down there last week so she didn't want to make the trip again so soon. But I'm excited she's spending it with us! Enjoy this lovely Monday, my friends!


and
 then, she {snapped}

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. I love making homemade pizza! Sounds like you had a fun but busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm glad I helped our team lose and then catch up, despite having to leave early.
    2. YAY THANKSGIVING WITH YALL!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and get to know my readers better, so please comment and let's get to know each other! If you're new here introduce yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...